Saturday, July 23, 2011

Oh Amy, Amy, Amy

So it's not long since the news that Amy Winehouse is dead came out. Now I am and I'm not a fan of hers (this will have something to do with the fact that my mum thinking she's like Amy Winehouse/her best mate and literally KILLING her Frank album.) But I think its devastating as she was just someone who genuinely needed real help and to be surrounded by people that could take better care of her, she was someone who had such an amazing voice and has made such an impact on music.
I thought I'd do a little post as I just started to ponder over what effect her death will have on fashion as she was considered in some ways a bit of an icon (even Kiezer Karl thought so at one point comparing her to Bardot and used her as inspiration for his pre fall A/W 08 collection.) and she did have a line of shirts with Fred Perry.
I know this whole nostalgic feel from the S/S collections is being carried through to A/W with a lingering touch of 70's and 60's is coming back in but I wonder if it will continue and effect S/S 12 and if maybe some people will look at her for inspo or something with her using Dusty Springfield as her inspiration and her mod like style and ridiculously big hair that would rival Ru-Paul and his girls (wigs he calls them girls in his book >.<) With the news I thought I'd pick out some of what I would consider her nicer outfit choices.


Here are a few fashion/editorial related pictures related to Winehouse:


Photobucket Chanel A/W 08 Pre Fall (inspired by Amy.)



Reckon we'll see some Winehouse influences on the catwalks next February? Lets see if polo shirts, big hair and tight little dresses start creeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment