Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today I .....


SOLD

Soldered , yep on my own, it was a huge step mind you I have no idea why I was so afraid!! I wanted so much to practise a few things but my jewellers saw still hasn't arrived - this postal service is awful at the moment I'm also missing beads from Isabelle and some silver to fingers crossed everyone it all turns up tomorrow!! I'll show you at the bottom of this post what I did!

This neckace has beautiful lampwork beads by Claire Morris of Rowanberry Glass - the colours are stunning and I hopefully have managed to capture their beauty with the gemstones I used, Kyanite, lapis lazuli and smokey quartz of course intermingled with silver!!


And this is my soldered links - these are hammered and soldered and I've made a clasp so I can wear it as a bracelet - hopefully when my saw arrives I will be able to make less "organic" looking ones!!
* organic meaning rough!!!

© Gemheaven 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment