Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wire

I am so enjoying wire work at the moment and the above piece "Artemis" was a real labour of love - one of those projects that seemed to click even though it wasn't exactly what I started out to achieve. I definitely had aching hands by the end but am so pleased with the final outcome I am hoping to attempt another at some point.

Gorgeous boro beads by Claire of Rowanberry Glass - amazing colours to pull out - my favourite type of beads - someone on Flickr (sorry if its you) said it looked "appley" and I think they're right - like apple blossom - maybe I should photograph the blossom on our apple tree for comparison?
Finally some earrings I created with beautiful apatite, Iolite , aquamarine and gorgeous smooth rock crystal .
And thank you Hannah (Of Kutuu) who checked up on me this morning - she was worried because I have been a bad, neglectful blogger recently!! May, I promise will be an improvement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment