Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OH sorry!


Why am I saying sorry I bet your asking?? Well its because the tooth saga continues :( Today I had my appointment for my broken teeth (apologises for anyone new playing catch up here) and with a 12.30 appointment as always (I have a thing about being early) I was 15mins ahead of schedule! ten minutes of sitting went by with my poor Mum (who is also phobic of the dentists) and I trying to pretend we were fine while really we both were having palpatations with fear. Suddenly the receptionist looked up and said "Mrs Tubb the therapist is running behind" and with that I burst into tears - thank goodness the waiting room was empty!! How embarasssing although that wasn't the worst of it - when I eventually went upstairs to the room its was 55mins later!!
SO I sit down and wait my knees a knocking ( they do really don't they) and the very young (or am I getting older) therapist who I think could see I was alittle worried told me he was going to put the chair back so he could look - but nothing happened - no thats not true the chair moved I didn't so I think by now he really did know. Well to cut the long story a little shorter - as a therapist although he can do fillings etc he needs to go through my dentist first so Mr Cooke came in and looked and, you know the thing people do when they discuss you above your head, and your mind works overtime and before I knew it I was in floods of tears AGAIN. The tooth is unstable so they need to remove the filling ( I only have two) and check if their is decay underneath - if there is they want to EITHER do a root canal OR remove the tooth WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH






Now all this is a maybe but would you tell someone who is phobic and obviously in a state things like root canal, sedation, hosptital, extraction, drilling, and not expect them to literally fall to pieces - and then he asked me WHAT I wanted to do?? I couldn't even tell you my name by then!!! SO here I am supping rescue remedy and hav dug out my pot of Quiet Life and made an appointment to see the dr - I need something strong for next Tuesday!!!

© Gemheaven 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment